The Louvre is an amazing and enormous art
museum. Thousands of people walk through the halls and admire the relics and pieces of art every day. One of the most famous paintings at this landmark is the Mona Lisa. As you enter the large room that contains the Mona Lisa encased by plastic, you have to fight for a spot to see it up close. (The pic above shows the crowds that constantly surrounded it the day we were there.) At first, I was disappointed with the painting...smaller in scale than I had assumed, and compared to the other magnificent paintings, it left much to be desired (only my opinion). Ironically, directly across the room from Mona is a painting of Jesus at the last supper that fills the entire wall (see pic for proportions). This painting's subject seemed much more significant and meaningful to me. I couldn't stop staring at it. Unfortunately, there were few others that felt the same. I might be taking this illustration a bit far, but this seemed to compare to our world today. Often we are enthralled with something that, in our finite minds, seems important and grand. On the other hand, if we do not look around us and see beyond our small perspective, we could be missing an incredible masterpiece!
No comments:
Post a Comment