Friday, March 19, 2010

More Than a Catchy Tune

I was in the car with a friend and just happened upon the catchy tunes of Jimmy Needham. The more intently that I listened, the more I realized that Jimmy is not only a talented singer and musician, but he uses this talent to display Christ's love and truth across radio waves, ipods, and concert halls. I wanted to know more, so I clicked over to his website to see what he is about. He expressed, "I discovered that zeal and passion for God is a good thing, but if you don't love people, it doesn't count for much." He describes his song "The Author" as, "this is the ultimate love story. You can't plan the end and not plan the means. I think there is something beautiful and loving about knowing that Christ was not a backup plan. He was the plan all along."

Here is a sweet song that Jimmy wrote for his wife:

No comments:

Post a Comment