Wednesday, October 6, 2010

"My Kind of Town, Chicago is..."

My first trip to "The Windy City" (which is called windy not because of the wind, but because of the politics - my smart friend Hannah informed me) was a blast! Our friend, Hannah, graduated college there and is now a 5th grade ESL teacher - and one of the best! I would just love to have Hannah as my teacher when I was in school, and we had a great time catching up with her. :)

Yes, I AM wearing a Cubs hat and jersey in the pics, but I only did it so I wouldn't get called names or beat up by the Cubs players when the Cardinals beat them (Cards won 7-1! Yay!) Will was right, the atmosphere at Wrigley is totally different from St. Louis; much smaller, but the fans are long-time patrons, and they all just seem to get along and have a great time (unless you are from the opposing team, then watch out!). Being the serious baseball fans that we are, we got to the stadium just before 10am (the game started at 1:20pm), watched batting practice, and my fav part was the interaction and conversations back and forth with us and the Cardinals outfield during batting practice. Good times!

We stayed at a hotel within walking distance of the park, and with the perfect weather (a cool 65-75) it made for a great experience! We made this a weekend trip, so we got in around 1 am Friday morning, were quite hungry and ordered a pizza (Will is showing the time on his phone below)- fun times.


I also had another 1st - my 1st time in IKEA! I had seen a catalog, but was unprepared as to how incredible the store is! Got a few (very inexpensive) goodies, and I'll post about those later. Can't wait to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment