Wednesday, March 2, 2011

We're having a baby!!!

I can't believe it's true! The first question people ask me as soon as they find out is: "How are you feeling?" My answer, "A little tired at the end of the day, but no sickness yet." Praise the Lord for no sickness! But my truthful answer should be, "Excited, nervous, cautious...is this real?!"

Will and I have been praying for years for God's perfect timing in starting our family, and He has answered our prayer. I know that life is a miracle, and that "children are a gift from the Lord; the fruit of the womb is a reward" (Psalm 127:3). I'm so thankful that the Lord is growing this tiny one inside of me, and I pray that he continues to do so.

I guess this blog's purpose will begin changing too. Before it was just my random musings (who wants to read that?! ha!), and now I would like to use it to chronicle our journey as parents and the growth of baby McKay. :)

So far...
  • Progress: 9 weeks
  • Size: Green olive (we've been calling him/her olive this week)
  • Development: Head is straightening out; ears are more prominent (hope the baby has my tiny ears); the liver, spleen, and gallbladder are forming.
  • Symptoms: tiredness, but no sickness at all yet! Yea!
  • Highlight of the week: We went to our 1st doctor's visit last week, so it made everything feel more "official." :) She also told us our estimated due date (EDD): September 30th
(I'm about a week late in posting this. We wanted to tell all family and friends before posting anything.)

3 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! So happy for y'all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bear and I are excited for you two! We will be praying for a healthy pregnancy and baby! As newer parents, we have to say, it's amazing and a dream come true! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica & Amanda -
    Thank you so much for your encouraging words! We are excited, and we are so thankful for your prayers. :)

    ReplyDelete