Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Holiday Traditions-What Are Yours?

When Will and I married in October seven years ago, we started discussing what we would want our holidays to look like and what traditions our family would have. Since we now have a little guy joining us this Christmas, I want to be purposeful in our holiday plans and traditions. I have a few ideas in mind of what we would like to incorporate into our family...some ideas are a blend from both of our own childhoods and some are new...

~Serving others and sharing the Gospel
~Driving around looking at Christmas lights
~Reading Luke 2 out loud together 
~Putting up the nativity and explaining the significance of each piece
~Starting a Jesse Tree (any ideas on where to get ornaments for this or tips on making them?) 
~Watching fun Christmas movies 

I would love to know- what fun and meaningful traditions did you have as a child or that you are starting with your family?

Maybe wearing fun Christmas PJ's is one of them?! :)


Ho! Ho! Ho!



No comments:

Post a Comment