Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Roadtrip to Knoxville #2

Back in October my Papa went to heaven...I miss that sweet man a lot. My Papa and Gran live in Knoxville, so Will and I packed the 3 week old munchkin in the car and headed East. Thanks to my sweet friend Dorie - who gave me tips on how to pack & travel with a newborn - I had a wonderful time visiting with my precious family. On the way home we came across a roadblock in Nashville which stretched it to a 12 hour drive home...my little man did awesome! It became a sweet bonding time for us.

{Gran's 1st time meeting Liam. October 2011}

Well, it's been a few months, and Mom and I decided it was time to see Gran and family again. The trip was a little different with a 4 month old, but just as enjoyable. So thankful for the rich conversation I had with my mom and 84 year old grandmother. Some tidbits of wisdom:

  • Don't waste your life watching that "goofbox" (in reference to the TV).
  • Men should be the pursuers of women. Not the opposite.
  • Time with God and reading His Word is vital. Spend time talking to Him as a best friend. 
  • No matter your age, physical ability, or circumstances, never stop asking the Lord how you can best serve Him.
{Learning to play piano on the same piano I first learned on.}

{Gran & Liam - 4 months old. February 2012}

"But as for you, teach what accords with sound doctrine...Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good, and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands." Titus 2:1,3-5

No comments:

Post a Comment