Monday, March 31, 2014

What I Learned in March

Emily's series of "What I Learned" is one of my favorites (did you see her #3? I'm totally asking Siri that question soon), and I decided to actually had time to sit down and write out a few things learned from this past month:

1. I officially reached "crazy fan" status and probably embarrassed myself over Ellie Holcomb. I've been familiar with her through her husband's band "Drew Holcomb and the Neighbors," but it wasn't until she came out with her own incredible album that I became a huge fan. "As Sure As the Sun" is full of Truth, and every song is based off of scripture. I mean, every time I listen I am moved to worship the Lord and think more highly of Him. You should just listen for yourself here.


Oh, and did I mention that someone from our church got me confused with Ellie? He thought that I sang and performed a concert, when in fact I just attended the concert (and I definitely don't sing very well!). The mix up totally made my day. :)

2. I lean in every single picture I take. Will titled it the "Jennie Lean." So I'm working on my posture now. Proof:


3. Half birthdays should be celebrated. We didn't celebrate them when I was a kid, and I never really thought about it until I heard a friend talking about it recently. But then I realized any reason to celebrate and/or go to Muddy's is obviously a great idea. Happy 1/2 Birthday little guy!


What did you learn in March?

1 comment:

  1. I just met someone else who celebrates half birthdays! Why have I never thought of this?

    ReplyDelete