Saturday, April 3, 2010

"Home"


What is home? What defines where it is, whom it is, or what it involves?

Sitting in the cool Autumn air while carving pumpkins (something I had not done since high school, but had so much fun) a group of girl friends and I tried to answer this question. Such sweet answers and each of them very different.

Today as I watched "Julie and Julia" the husband of Julia Child told Julia they were going back home. Having lived all over the world, Julia asked "What is home?" To which he answered, "Wherever we are."

I would have to agree with Mr. Child, and home is not necessarily a geographic location, but it is about the people we love. Home can also be expressed or felt in other ways. What is home to you?

To me, home is...

Being accepted just as you are.
Memories, good and difficult.
Family, by blood or grafted in. :)
A warm embrace.
A place of refuge.
Will.


1 comment:

  1. that was so sweet. i hope pooter reads these. i am so ready for that to be home.

    ReplyDelete