Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Best 1st Mother's Day

What a sweet day May 8th was this year knowing that a tiny little one was soon to come in a few months. My husband was incredibly thoughtful and sweet and made this day very memorable. The night before he handed me this menu and asked for me to make my selection. :)

Then at 5:30 the next morning (we arrive to work at 6:45am on Sundays) he had breakfast in bed for me. A sweet note from Will was on my tray, as well as a gift card for a pre-natal massage (gonna love that in few months!), and the food was on THE Red Plate! For those unfamiliar with the Red Plate, some background: both Will and I as kids ate special meals (birthdays, holidays, milestones) on this same plate (in the picture below). It comes with a marker that you write on the back the date and about your special day. I had mentioned to Will a while back that I would like to have this tradition with our children, and he not only remembered that I said this, he also ordered it in advance (I could never find it in the stores). It was a BIG deal when I got to eat the delicious breakfast he made me on Mother's Day on the Red Plate. Love him!


Oh! And I had no idea that there is a Red Mug & Saucer too!

1 comment:

  1. Oh this is so precious and how thoughtful is that plate as well as the breakfast!
    Kev and I are just so excited for this new little one!

    ReplyDelete