Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Blueberry Turnovers



A new dessert recipe! Looking in my fridge, I noticed I had a can of Pillsbury Cresent Rolls and a can of blueberry pie filling...so, I started brainstorming as to what I could make with both, and here's what I came up with:


Blueberry Turnovers


Ingredients:

1 pkg refrigerator crescent rolls

1/2 can blueberry pie filling

1 cup powdered sugar

1/8 cup milk (or less - you want the mixture thick)

1/2 tsp vanilla

cinnamon & sugar mix



  • Sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar mix onto wax paper. Thoroughly coat each triangle of crescent rolls on each side with the mix.

  • Spoon 1 Tbs pie filling in the widest portion of the crescent triangle, and fold the corners toward the center. (See picture above)

  • Place on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until golden (and no longer doughy).

  • Mix the milk, powdered sugar, and vanilla together. Drizzle over the crescents after they are finished baking.

  • Serve with vanilla ice cream & enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment