I go through cycles when listening to music. When I find a new artist/album, I will listen to it over and over...and over...for about a month, then I put it away and find a new one. Earlier in the week I was looking back through the "discarded" CD's in my car and came across "Rocks Won't Cry" by Shane & Shane. Definitely one that I wore out in college, and I decided to give it another go this week. Do you find that sometimes you listen to music because you like the artist, the beat, or the melody? Many times we are singing along without even realizing the words we are singing...that's what happened with the 1st track on "Rocks Won't Cry" for me. When I pressed play on Monday and heard that 1st song, "Received", it was like I was hearing the words for the 1st time. The words are powerful, true, and convicting. At any moment I could fall into the "trap" that it is talking about. Take a listen...
No comments:
Post a Comment