Tuesday, May 17, 2011

1st Ultrasound & Boy or Girl?!

Friday we went for the 20 week check-up and for my first ultrasound. A friend had advised me to drink lots of water (so that everything could be seen clearly), and another friend advised that I drink caffeine (so the baby moves around so we could see boy or girl). Will and I went to bed about 9:00pm (we just couldn't wait 'till the morning), and we woke up bright and early. We were so excited, like it was Christmas morning! And I took the advice of my friends and drank 32 oz. of water and a coffee...yes, I was about to bust by the time we made it into the dr.'s office. During our ultrasound, we both were speechless at everything that we were seeing! I couldn't believe that not only could you see the head, but also the brain; the heart, and all 4 chambers; the spine, and the lining of it. I just kept thinking, "God you are AMAZING!" The nurse, a sweet friend of ours, said that everything was looking "pretty" and then...came time for the announcement of boy or girl...


As the picture came on the screen, I knew before the words were out of the nurse's mouth - It's a BOY!!! Overcome with excitement, tears started streaming down my face (and Will teared up a bit too). We are so looking forward to meeting our little guy!!!


Friday night was the leadership cookout, and Will announced about baby BOY McKay by spraying his hair blue. :)

3 comments:

  1. So excited for you guys!! Boys are the best! :) But I am pretty biased! Hope you guys are well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so incredibly excited for you Will and Jennie!! Baby boy McKay! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete