Monday, July 23, 2012

Some Memphis Love

I love my city. Memphis is incredible for so many reasons...

1. My family (Will's parents & siblings & mine as well all live here. I'm so blessed!)
2. My church family. Love these people to death. 
3. Great food: Brother Juniper's, Paulette's, Deli Mexicana, Molly's LaCasita, Corky's, Silver Caboose - this deliciousness is only in Memphis.
4. The music scene: Live at the Garden, the Orpheum, and other venues that bring in my favs.
5. Fun things to do with my baby boy: the zoo, splash parks, pink palace, Shelby Farms, and play dates with great friends.

This list could really go on and on...and on...

Events and eateries are nice, but a huge part of what makes a place different and delightful is the people. When talking about the Lord and the Gospel, I become very passionate about going to "the ends of the earth," but I love Memphis as well. Just one of the ways our student ministry shares Jesus' love with our neighbors is through Jerusalem Project. For a week in July, hundreds of students and leaders go throughout Memphis (about 10 different locations) to serve, share, and love. It's one of my favorite weeks of the summer.

Will, Liam, and I spent time in Frayser at Impact Baptist Church. 



Tony & I have known each other for 5 years. She has grown up so much!
Thankful for the friends God has given us all over Memphis!

No comments:

Post a Comment