For Thanksgiving this year we decided to try something new, and we created a "Thankful Tree." For the month of November we daily wrote on a paper leaf something that we are thankful for. The front of each leaf displayed a different Bible verse, and Will and I (and next year Liam too) wrote on the other side. Reflecting on this month, I can say I have loved this project because it focuses our minds on gratefulness not just on the 3rd Thursday but every day, and it is a constant visual reminder of God's goodness and blessings. Mucho thanks to Ann Voskamp for the free leaf printables and the idea on her blog here. After reading Ann's book, I began the 12 month calendar of journaling thankfulness every day of the year. It's been a practice that moment-by-moment shapes my thoughts and focuses my mind on Christ. After November, we will take down the tree but save the leaves to look at year after year and remember all that God has done and promised. He is so good.



No comments:
Post a Comment