Saturday, January 16, 2010

Prayers for Haiti

Tuesday a massive earthquake hit one of the poorest countries in the world, Haiti. For the past 10 years the people of Haiti have held a special place in my heart. God allowed me as a Junior and again as a Senior in High School to spend time in this beautiful country. I remember early mornings watching the sun rise on the roof of the small concrete home that we stayed in. As I looked out over the city of Port-au-prince, my thoughts rang over and over, "There is so much to do; so many people in need. In need of physical and financial help and in need of a Savior."

We ministered to orphans and widows in our time in Haiti, and I met sweet friends and partners in ministry. Today I pray for the Headys (missionaries to Haiti for over 20+ years), the Chatmans (missionaries that bring and host teams throughout the year), teachers of the Haitian School for the Deaf, teachers of the orphanages, and the sweet children.

My heart is burdened for the men and women that shared with me that they could not accept Christ because their village practiced voodoo and they would be killed. May people see the One True God through this difficult time and turn to the only One who can save.
For more information on Haiti - how to pray and how to help, please visit:
And for more information on how to pray and help countries all over the world, everyday, visit:

No comments:

Post a Comment