Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Blackberry Jam, Fresh Veggies, & Sunshine

One of my favorite places: Will's grandparents' farm in Halls.


While Will was at camp, Liam and I went away for the day.
We made blackberry jam...I have mad stirring skills. :)


Nanny is an excellent cook, and I love learning from her.


While we were "jam-ming," our little helper kept us entertained.



I was so very proud of our finished product! It's pretty tasty, and an easy recipe too: 4 cups blackberries (washed & mashed) mixed with 4 cups sugar. Boil for 30 minutes (should thicken). Then it's ready for the jars & sealing!


The fields were ripe for harvest, so we picked green beans, corn, peppers, cucumbers, and more! Some of our bounty:



What a great place to take a nap:




Days with the family on the farm & in the sunshine are the best!
After a week of camp food, fresh and from scratch meals taste delicious! 
Welcome home, Will! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment