Tuesday, June 12, 2012

First Word & A Lesson

Since becoming a mommy, God uses Liam many times to illustrate things in my spiritual life. Last month Liam said his first word, "Dada." How thrilled Will and I were that not only was he saying his first word, but he was also associating it with whom he knew it to belong to. Every morning when he wakes up, he calls out "Dada, Dada," and Will lifts him out of his crib and talks with him as he changes his first diaper of the day (he also changed Liam's very 1st diaper in the hospital. Yes, ladies, my husband changes diapers!). 

A few nights ago, Liam not only called out for "Dada" when he woke in the morning, but also before he went to sleep at night. 


This continued the next night as well, and I started thinking...
This is what I should do each day. 
First thing when I wake up: speak to my heavenly Father. 
At the end of each day: call out to "Abba." And all throughout the day as well. 

"O LORD, God of my salvation; I cry out day and night before you. Let my prayer come before you; incline your ear to my cry!" Psalms 88:1-2 
And my God hears my cry and answers. 
How amazing is our God!

No comments:

Post a Comment