Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Reading Through the Bible

What a privilege it is to be able to read God's Word and through the Holy Spirit have understanding (Psalm 119:34)! Last year (and a half...takes me a little longer because I park on a passage to study more in-depth sometimes) I chose to read the Bible using the Chronological reading plan, and this is probably my favorite. The way my mind works, this plan helped me to remember passages better and help me see from Genesis to Revelation the BIG picture of God's redemptive plan. There are many benefits to reading the entire Bible (instead of just choosing your favorite passages and sticking to those), and although there's nothing magical about doing it in a year, I highly recommend having a plan. Justin Taylor at The Gospel Coalition has compiled a list of different plans - check the list out here.  One Year Bibles are also good tools, often are on sale this time of year, and come in different translations such as this one: 


"Thy word have I treasured in my heart, that I may not sin against Thee. I will meditate on Thy precepts, and regard Thy ways. I shall delight in Thy statutes; I shall not forget Thy word." Psalm 119:11, 15, 16

No comments:

Post a Comment