But then my heart rejoices! Because I know God's Word is Truth. The ordinary, everyday, small things are often what make up my days, and I CAN glorify God in them. "And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father" (Colossians 3:17). Christy Nockels gives perspective as a mom of three how this plays out in her life on the Desiring God blog today here.
So as I begin a new day, I will "rearrange the posture of my heart" by looking to Christ first. I will spend time at his feet, because no matter what seems priority or urgent today, spending time with Jesus is the "good thing" (Mark 14:1-9). Once I spend time with Him, He will assign my marching orders for the day, and as I follow His lead in each task (with the right attitude and motive) I bring Him glory.
"Do your everyday and your ordinary, godliness is found and formed in these things." ~Jennie Allen
So today whether you eat or drink, or write a lesson plan, clean a bed pan, take out the trash, serve a meal...do everything to make God look as great as He really is.
No comments:
Post a Comment