Fast-forward a few months later when my precious boy did learn. With some help from a friend I learned how to best help him transition. You ever had a conversation with someone at just the right time and know that God orchestrated that meeting? Yep, God has graciously done this several times for me! One of my friend's tips was to give Liam a hug and say, "Mommy loves you, and I will be back." It took him a few times, but he learned what "be right back" means, and the Lord taught me through this something very important about my relationship with my Heavenly Father...
He promises that He will never, not ever leave us:
"The Lord Himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." Deuteronomy 31:8
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9
"...and surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." Matthew 28:19
"Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." Hebrews 13:5
Thank you, Lord for your promises to us! We are never alone!

No comments:
Post a Comment