Tuesday, June 18, 2013

It Was Outrageous!

Vacation Bible School, that is!
VBS at Bellevue is called "Camp Outrageous," and I was reminded again last week exactly why it is called that. I had the privilege of joining four of my sweet friends in teaching Fourth grade. This was my first time to ever have this age group, and I just fell in love! They are at the age where they are totally involved and excited about what is going on, they listen as you teach and volunteer to help, and they ask some really tough questions about God and His Word. 


"The Lost Code" was the week's theme and we learned about the armor of God.


I miss getting to see these sweet smiles every morning!


The questions the students asked were challenging and revealed that they were not only listening to the lesson each day but also trying to figure out how it applied in their life. I was encouraged to hear of the students in our class that were going home and excitedly sharing the Good News with their parents, siblings, and friends. 


Each day we learned about the country and children of Tanzania, Africa. We practiced saying a new swahili word, took up an offering, and prayed for the Tanzanian people each day. This was one of my favorite elements. 


Craft time! Shields, swords, banners, belts, helmets, and God's Word. Great reminders of what we have learned all week! "Be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you might be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." Ephesians 6:10-11


The Bellevue staff and volunteers made sure every part of the week was well planned, purposeful, and glorified the Lord. I'm incredibly thankful for all their hard work and for the sweet teachers that took care of my boy! 


Music, crafts, playgrounds, train rides, puppet shows, and lots of fun. This little guy had the best week! We are already looking forward to next year! Check out more pics and a video re-cap here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment