1. My husband and I like to watch documentaries together. We currently do not have a show that we follow, which makes us peruse other options. One of our favorite documentaries is ESPN's 30 for 30. Incredible story lines and producers. I'm a sucker for a true life story.
2. Last night I watched the movie "Unconditional" and it was one of the best movies I've seen in awhile. So much that I gave it a five star rating on Netflix (I hardly ever give five...usually 3, right?). It was made in 2012 and is a beautiful story of redemption. Totally love that it is based off a real "Papa Joe" who is living today in Nashville!! Again, I love a true story, and I might have needed a tissue at the end of this one.
3. About myself: I love to tell corny jokes (usually the same ones over and over...my poor husband). And I think they are way funnier than they actually are. But laughter, even the cheesy kind, is good for you.
"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." E.E. Cummings
"A cheerful heart is good medicine." Proverbs 17:22
So I'll continue telling my corny jokes. Maybe that should be a regular blog post?!
4. God is Faithful. Sometimes a Truth hits my mind in a fresh way and I can't stop thinking about it. God's faithfulness to little me...I am so unworthy. And He is worthy to be praised!
"...Because of the Lord who is faithful." Isaiah 49:7
"God is faithful..." 1 Corinthians 1:9
5. In seventh grade, I really liked Steven Curtis Chapman's music and saw him about four or five times in concert. Seventeen-ish years later and he's still writing music. "Long Way Home" has a great message, and this video was too cute not to share:
6. I like to garden, but I have a really long way to go in my gardening skills. I mean, who lets a succulent die?!

I'm putting Unconditional on my to watch list for this fall. Thanks for the recommendation.
ReplyDelete